Wilson Memorial Church : On Demand. On your phone. On your tablet. On your computer.
This Sunday is 24th May, and we’ve now reached our 10th Sunday of isolation and social distancing, while every country in the worlds struggles to contain the Covid-19 virus. In this “new” style of life, it continues to be extremely important for everyone to stay at home. During this time of staying indoors and away from people we know and love, Wilson Memorial Church invites you to join us online, from the safe comfort of your home, as Rev Mike presents this weeks video sermon.
An order of worship that you can use:
- Light a candle – to remember that Christ is the light of the world, and overcomes every darkness.
- Call to worship – “A new day has begun. A fresh start is given. Today we have the opportunity to do something new. Come let us worship God, who is inviting us into life in a new way, a way of hope and faith.”
- Read this weeks scripture passage – Acts 1: 6-11
- Video Sermon – I go, I come back again.
- Praise – Sing or listen to “Hail the day, that sees him rise” – here is a you-tube video with music and words, that you can sing along to.
- Prayer – “Gracious God, You desire unity among Your people, and we thank You for drawing us together as a community of faith; a people of the Spirit, united in Your love even in times when it is hard to gather. Help us to witness to Your promise of resurrection and new life as we serve You in the world.
Father God, we worry about the way things are going; daily life has been turned upside down by COVID-19. We are concerned by the division we see between nations and peoples, between the wealthy and the poor, between the strong and the weak. Send Your Spirit of healing and reconciliation to open hearts filled with prejudice, and ease the lives suffering its effects.
Comforting God, we feel sadness for those whose lives are marked by isolation and fear, by grief or despair, effects that are deepened by this time of social and physical distancing. Send Your Spirit of healing and reconciliation to draw the lonely into friendships, and as society begins to reopen, create a true sense of belonging to each one.
Promising God, we are hopeful for the Church because it belongs to You. Send Your Spirit to guide our witness in the world, and teach us to share our experiences of Your love and invite others to join the journey toward healing and reconciliation. Help us to become the answer to the Why Jesus came, and to the Why He will come again.
In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.“
- Benediction – “Thank you for watching and listening, and may we continue to live in unity and in peace, in sharing the message of God’s kingdom, and in the living of our lives…and the blessing of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit be with us now and forever. Amen.”
- Extinguish the candle
What else is happening at Wilson Memorial this week?
Sadly all Wilson Memorial Church services and activities continue to be suspended until it becomes safe to resume, apart from the Basics Bank Food Bank, which still to operates every Tuesday providing a critical service to individuals and families suffering hardship in our local community.
Read more about the United Free Church of Scotland
The April/May 2020 edition of STEDFAST, our denominations magazine, is available now from Wilson Memorial Church.
Click this link to go to our current Stedfast article, and find out how to view a copy online. This months edition features some reflections from our own Rev Mike about what Easter means to him.