In Church. In Person. On Demand. On your phone. On your tablet. On your computer.
Sunday 10th April 2022 is Palm Sunday. Please join us as Rev Mike leads us through this special service, the fifth of this years Lent worship services.
This week our service will be in a unique “cafe-style” format. Everyone will be sitting at tables, with teas, coffees, and hot crossed buns served on arrival.
Doors will be open from 10:15am, and the service begins at 10:30am.
For everyone’s safety, we continue to follow the Scottish Governments social distancing guidelines, and have hand sanitiser stations for your use.
Please note that this weeks sermon video will be updated to the website following the service on Sunday 10th April.
This weeks order of worship that you can use:
- Light a candle – to remember that Christ is the light of the world, and overcomes every darkness.
- Opening praise – “All glory, laud and honour” – Here is a you-tube video with words and music that you can listen and sing along to
- Scripture reading 1 – Luke 19: 28-40
- Praise – “Hosanna, Loud Hosanna” – Here is a you-tube video with words and music that you can listen and sing along to.
- Scripture reading 2 – Luke 19: 41-42
- Words of assurance
- Prayer of adoration and confession
- Sermon – “Setting our face towards the cross”
- Prayers of the people
- Closing Praise – “When I survey the wondrous cross” – Here is a you-tube video with words and music that you can listen and sing along to.
- Extinguish the candle
What else is happening at Wilson Memorial this week?
We have created a program of on-line events that you can join in from the comfort of your favourite armchair. Details of these events can be found on our “What’s on – Lockdown special” web page. Go and check it out, NOW!
In addition to video sermons, we also now have podcast sermons available to download and listen to on your mobile device wherever you are. We also have a “dial a sermon” service available, where you can listen to sermons by telephone. To phone a service, simply call us on 0131 297 6174, you will hear an automated greeting, and then after a short pause the latest sermon will play.
Our Basics Bank, Food Bank, continues to operate as normal every Tuesday providing a critical service to individuals and families suffering hardship in our local community.
Read more about the United Free Church of Scotland
The April/May 2022 edition of STEDFAST, our denominations magazine, is now available from Wilson Memorial Church. The magazine is packed full of interesting articles from around the denomination and around the world. It also contains updates on this years General Assembly (8th to 10th June), including ladies day, and the annual Dunblane Event (27th August).
We have hard copy coffee-table editions and soft copy tablet/PC editions available.