Welcome Back! : In Church. In Person. On Demand. On your phone. On your tablet. On your computer.
Please join us this Sunday 13th March 2022, as Rev Mike leads the second of our Lent worship services. Doors will be open from 10:15am, and the service begins at 10:30am. For everyone’s safety, we continue to follow the Scottish Governments social distancing guidelines, and have hand sanitiser stations for your use.
This weeks order of worship that you can use:
- Light a candle – to remember that Christ is the light of the world, and overcomes every darkness.
- Opening praise – “In the cross of Christ I glory” – Here is a you-tube video with words and music that you can listen and sing along to
- Prayer of adoration and confession
- Words of assurance
- Scripture reading – Luke 4:1-13
- Sermon – “Facing the cross, facing temptation”
- Praise – “Jesus tempted in the desert” – Here is a you-tube video with words and music that you can listen and sing along to
- Quiet reflection
- Prayers of the people
- Closing praise – “You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord”
- Extinguish the candle
What else is happening at Wilson Memorial this week?
We have created a program of on-line events that you can join in from the comfort of your favourite armchair. Details of these events can be found on our “What’s on – Lockdown special” web page. Go and check it out, NOW!
In addition to video sermons, we also now have podcast sermons available to download and listen to on your mobile device wherever you are. We also have a “dial a sermon” service available, where you can listen to sermons by telephone. To phone a service, simply call us on 0131 297 6174, you will hear an automated greeting, and then after a short pause the latest sermon will play.
Our Basics Bank, Food Bank, continues to operate as normal every Tuesday providing a critical service to individuals and families suffering hardship in our local community.
Read more about the United Free Church of Scotland
The February/March 2022 edition of STEDFAST, our denominations magazine, is now available from Wilson Memorial Church.
We have hard copy coffee-table editions and soft copy tablet/PC editions available.