Welcome Back! : In Church. In Person. On Demand. On your phone. On your tablet. On your computer.
This Sunday 24th October 2021, Rev Mike will leads us through our weekly family service at 10:30am (doors will be open from 10:15am). We still require you to book in advance for track and trace purposes. To book your place, please email us through our Contacts Page. For everyone’s safety, we are strictly following the Scottish Governments social distancing guidelines, and have hand sanitiser stations for your use.
This weeks sermon is now available to watch here. We didn’t want to give everything away beforehand, so if you weren’t able to attend in person or just want to listen again, we’ve now added the video sermon and all the praise hymns to this post.
This weeks order of worship that you can use:
- Light a candle – to remember that Christ is the light of the world, and overcomes every darkness.
- Opening praise – “Open our eyes O Lord, we pray”
- Opening prayer – prayer of adoration and confession
- Praise – “Open our eyes Lord”
- Read this weeks scripture passages – Mark 10: 46 – 52
- Sermon – “The blind leading the blind”
- Praise – Read or sing “Son of David” – here is a You-tube video with words and music that you can sing along to:
- Prayer of the people
- Closing praise – “We walk by faith” – here is a You-tube video with words and music that you can sing along to:
- Benediction – “Sisters and Brothers in Christ, to each of us Jesus says, ‘Go! Your faith has made you well.’ We go, knowing that our faith has been made stronger. Go! Follow Him on the way…and may the faithful Love of the Creator, and the healing Presence of the Son, and the life-giving Power of the Holy Spirit, abide with You today and always… Amen.”
- Extinguish the candle
To find out more about Communion, visit our dedicated Communion Information page
What else is happening at Wilson Memorial this week?
We have created a program of on-line events that you can join in from the comfort of your favourite armchair. Details of these events can be found on our “What’s on – Lockdown special” web page. Go and check it out, NOW!
In addition to video sermons, we also now have podcast sermons available to download and listen to on your mobile device wherever you are. We also have a “dial a sermon” service available, where you can listen to sermons by telephone. To phone a service, simply call us on 0131 297 6174, you will hear an automated greeting, and then after a short pause the latest sermon will play.
Sundays re-started– It’s great being back in Church for weekly services, but unfortunately, we do have to introduce some restrictions in order that we can manage the required social distancing rules, and keep everyone as safe as possible. This means we have had to significantly reduce our seating capacity, and introduce a booking system to ensure we do not exceed the allowed number of worshipers in our church building. To book, please contact our Session Clerk, George Smith, either directly or send a message through our website contacts page (Get in Touch). Social distancing measures and hygiene precautions are in place.
Our Basics Bank, Food Bank, continues to operate as normal every Tuesday providing a critical service to individuals and families suffering hardship in our local community.
Read more about the United Free Church of Scotland
The October/November 2021 edition of STEDFAST, our denominations magazine, is now available from Wilson Memorial Church.
We have hard copy coffee-table editions and soft copy tablet/PC editions available.