Wilson Memorial Church : On Demand. On your phone. On your tablet. On your computer.
This Sunday 14th June will be our 13th Sunday of isolation, and everyone is hoping that further easing of restrictions will be announced soon. However, we must accept that it will be some time before we can return to normal. It continues to be extremely important for everyone to stay at home, and so Wilson Memorial Church invites you to join us online, from the safe comfort of your home, as Rev Mike presents this weeks video sermon.
This weeks order of worship that you can use:
- Light a candle – to remember that Christ is the light of the world, and overcomes every darkness.
- Call to worship – “Ever present God, in this time of worship, we offer You thanks with our prayers, praise with our hearts, and honour with our lives, today and every day, now and always. In Jesus name we pray. Amen”
- Read this weeks scripture passage – Romans 5:1-8
- Video Sermon – If….Then…
- Praise – Read or sing “All my hope on God is founded” – here is a you-tube video with music and words, that you can sing along to.
- Prayer – “Ever creating, loving and leading God: We turn to You in uncertain times, trusting in Your steadfast love. Wherever people are anxious about the future, overwhelmed by their responsibilities, or worried because of the upheavals the pandemic has caused, bring peace and hope, we pray…and let Your kingdom come.
God of all compassion: Where people are lonely or isolated, longing for love, where people are trapped in unhealthy relationships or facing violence every day, where people are grieving the loss of routine or purpose in their lives, or the loss of someone they have loved, bring courage and hope, we pray…and let Your kingdom come.
God of tender strength: Where people feel pain in their bodies, in the minds, in their spirits, where people seek healing or help, where illness has eroded hope and desperation fills each day, bring healing and hope, we pray…and let Your kingdom come.
God of trustworthy truth: Where leaders work to guide their communities to renewed life, where scientists, medics and economists work to protect and restore the quality of life after the pandemic, where individuals still strive to care for the earth and its vulnerable people, bring wisdom and hope, we pray…and let Your kingdom come.
God in whom we live and move and have our being: By Your Spirit, nurture Your promise of new life amid the present struggles in the world You love. Where hope flickers, reignite its power; shine the light of Christ’s love into each life and renew our trust in You…and let Your kingdom come in Jesus name. Amen.“
- Benediction – “Thank you again for taking the time to participate in this service, and in the words of the Apostle Paul in Romans 15: 13, ‘May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.’ Amen”
- Extinguish the candle
What else is happening at Wilson Memorial this week?
We have created a program of on-line events that you can join in from the comfort of your favourite armchair. Details of these events can be found on our “What’s on – Lockdown special” web page. Go and check it out, NOW!
In addition to video sermons, we also now have podcast sermons available to download and listen to on your mobile device wherever you are.
Our Basics Bank, Food Bank, continues to operate as normal every Tuesday providing a critical service to individuals and families suffering hardship in our local community.
Read more about the United Free Church of Scotland
The June/July 2020 edition of STEDFAST, our denominations magazine, is now available from Wilson Memorial Church.
Please get in touch to receive a copy. We have hard copy coffee-table editions and soft copy tablet/PC editions available.
Stedfast is a great way to keep up to date with everything that’s happening across the denomination.