Thursday 19th December at 6:30pm
Cries of ‘Merry Christmas’ and the non-stop playing of Christmas carols contrasts with the feelings of many people at this time of year. For those suffering from the recent death of loved ones, dealing with life-changing diagnosis, dealing with recent separation or divorce, struggling to find work, or facing depression or family crisis, this can be a very isolating and difficult time of year. Every greeting and every song reminds the grieving of how unhappy life is at the moment. We recognise that a lot of Christmas celebrations do not meet everyone’s needs. To meet that need we are offering a Blue Christmas Service.
Wilson Memorial Church invites you to this special service designed for those for whom this season might be difficult. If you have experienced an emotional bereavement or life change, the church cares for you and invites you to a special time of music and worship. Rev Mike will lead this reflective and love filled service.
- Not your usual Christmas story
The Hymn :
- O little town of Bethlehem
- Silent Night
The service will feature a liturgy of remembrance, and also the opportunity for everyone to light an individual candle of remembrance.
Tea and coffee will be available after the service.
Also, coming up this week:
- Thursday 19th December : 10:30am – Baby sensory class (6-13 months)*
- Thursday 19th December : 11:45am – Baby sensory class (0-8 months)*
- Sunday 22nd December : 11:00am – Christmas Family Service
- Tuesday 24th December : 11;30pm – Christmas Eve Watchnight Service
- Wednesday 25th December ; 10:30am – Christmas Day Service
*denotes externally managed service, using the Wilson Memorial Church facilities