11:00am at Wilson Memorial Church
Sunday 15th December is the third Sunday of Advent 2019, and we extend a warm invitation to everyone to join with us, as Rev Mike leads us through the next step in our Christmas build-up series of family praise and worship services.
Over the coming days and weeks we have lots of special celebrations taking place at Wilson Memorial Church. For full details of our Christmas 2019 Program click here to go to our special Christmas page.
We also have our mitten tree, back again for the fourth year in a row to collect donations of hats, scarves, and gloves for locals in need this winter. As we progress through advent, we hope to see the mitten tree transformed from a bare undecorated tree, to one covered in a magnificent assortment of hats, scarves and gloves.
At the start of this weeks service we will light the third advent candle, the candle of Joy, Each week while we journey through Advent towards Christmas, another candls will be lit.
This weeks sermon
The miracle of Christmas – The miracle of the method
This weeks scripture readings
- 1 Corinthians 1: 18-31
This weeks hymns:
- Sing to the Lord a joyful song (Mission Praise, 600)
- I’ve got that joy,joy, joy, joy (Junior Praise, 121)
- I cannot tell, why he whom Angels worship (Mission Praise, 266)
- Rejoice, the Lord is King (Mission Praise, 575)
Children’s praise, worship, and care
During the weekly service, children are invited to join our Church School which follows the Godly Play teaching principles. For very young children, a crèche service is available.
Also, coming up this week:
- Sunday 15th December :11:00am – Family Praise and Worship Service
- Sunday 15th December : 4:00pm – Candlelit Carols and Lessons Service
- Monday 16th December : 1:30pm – Dixie Saltires Western Line Dancing Class*
- Tuesday 17th December :10:00am : Basics Bank, food bank
- Thursday 19th December : 11:10am – Baby sensory class (7-13 months)*
- Thursday 19th December : 12:30pm – Baby sensory class (0-6 months)*
- Thursday 19th December : 6:30pm – Blue Christmas Service
*denotes externally managed service, using the Wilson Memorial Church facilities