Thursday 20th December at 6:30pm
God of mercy and love, we gather here as hurting people, bringing our pain, our sorrow, and our confusion to this safe space tonight. Would You meet us here in our darkness, and give us freedom to struggle together as we seek Your presence. We ask for strength for today, courage for tomorrow, and peace for the past. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.
For some people, Christmas is a time of personal sadness. So this special low-key service brings the Christmas story in a more reflective and intimate style. Rev Mike will lead this shorter service which will last for approximately 40 minutes
The Scripture Reading :
- John 1:1-15
The Hymn :
- In the bleak mid-winter
The service will feature a liturgy of remembrance, and also the opportunity for everyone to light an individual candle of remembrance.
Tea and coffee will be available after the service.
Also, coming up this week:
- Thursday 20th December : 10:30am – Baby sensory class (6-13 months)*
- Thursday 20th December : 11:45am – Baby sensory class (0-8 months)*
- Sunday 23rd December : 11:00am – Christmas All Age Service
- Sunday 23rd December : 6:30pm – Candlelit Carols Service
- Monday 24th December : 11;30pm – Christmas Eve Watchnight Service
- Tuesday 25th December ; 10:00am – Christmas Day Service
*denotes externally managed service, using the Wilson Memorial Church facilities