11:00am at Wilson Memorial Church
Please come along and join us this Sunday, 25th November, when Rev Mike will be leading our weekly praise and worship service.
This weeks sermon
- Thy Kingdom Come….Be careful what you pray for.
This weeks scripture readings
- 1 Samuel 8:10-22
- John 18:33-37
This weeks hymns
- Majesty, worship his majesty (Mission Praise, 454)
- The Lord is King! Lift up thy voice (Mission Praise, 656)
- The Kingdom of God (Mission Praise, 651)
- Crown him with many crowns (Mission Praise, 109)
Children’s praise, worship, and care
During the weekly service, children are invited to join our Church School which follows the Godly Play teaching principles. For very young children, a crèche service is available.
Also, coming up this week
- Saturday 24th November : 8:30am – Mens Breakfast (at Morrison’s Café)
- Saturday 24th November : 10:00am – Christmas Coffee Morning
- Monday 26th November : 1:30pm – Dixie Saltires Western line dancing class*
- Wednesday 28th November : 11:00am – Church open hour
- Thursday 29th November : 11:10am – Baby sensory class (7-13 months)*
- Thursday 29th November : 12:30pm – Baby sensory class (0-6 months)*
* denotes externally managed service, using the Wilson Memorial Church facilities
And, coming soon
- Saturday 1st December : Christmas shoppers creche
- Christmas 2018 : events program launching soon
Church open hour
We are open for everyone this Wednesday, 28th November, at 11am. Please come come along and enjoy this short sanctuary from everyday life for an hour of quiet time and meditation. We invite everyone to make Wilson Memorial your oasis of calm in the midst of a busy and hectic life.
STEDFAST – Latest edition available
The October-November edition of Stedfast Magazine is still available from Wilson Memorial Church. Ask any elder for details of how you can receive a copy. Stedfast is the official magazine of the United Free Church of Scotland, and is packed full of interesting articles about faith and other issues facing the modern church.
Rev Mike says – “Well worth reading. A great way to keep up to date with what’s happening in the wider United Free Church denomination and congregations”