11:00am at Wilson Memorial Church
This Sunday, 28th October, is BIBLE SUNDAY. Please come along and join us, when Rev Mike will be leading our weekly praise and worship service. All worshippers are asked to bring their favourite bible.
This weeks sermons
- The bible: what? and who?
- The bible: why?
This weeks scripture readings
- Exodus 34:27-28 (The Lord speaks to Moses)
- 2 Timothy 3:14-17 (Last instructions)
This weeks hymns
- Word of God across the ages
- Standing on the promises (Mission Praise, 932)
- Tell me the old, old story (Mission Praise, 628)
- O word of God incarnate (Mission Praise, 527)
Children’s praise, worship, and care
During the weekly service, children are invited to join our Church School which follows the Godly Play teaching principles. For very young children, a crèche service is available.
£350 raised through harvest thanksgiving donations
This year we asked that monetary donations be gifted instead of food produce at our harvest thanksgiving service on 14th October. We are pleased to say that in excess of £350 was donated, and all of this has been used for the Basics Bank to provide essential food and cupboard assistance to local people in financial crisis. For more information on the important work of our Basics Bank, please click this link.
Knitted poppies for remembrance day
The ladies of our Women’s Association have been hard at work knitting woollen poppies for remembrance day. These will be available from Sunday 28th October for a small donation, and we hope to make a stunning display in our remembrance cross with them.
Also, coming up this week
- Monday 29th October : 1:30pm – Dixie Saltires Western line dancing class*
- Wednesday 31st October : 11:00am – Church open hour
- Wednesday 31st October : 11:30am – Autumn midweek communion
- Thursday 1st November : 11:10am – Baby sensory class (7-13 months)*
- Thursday 1st November : 12:30pm – Baby sensory class (0-6 months)*
* denotes externally managed service, using the Wilson Memorial Church facilities
Church open hour
We are open for everyone this Wednesday, 31st October, at 11am. Please come come along and enjoy this short sanctuary from everyday life for an hour of quiet time and meditation. We invite everyone to make Wilson Memorial your oasis of calm in the midst of a busy and hectic life. This week, we will also be holding a short autumn communion service at 11:30am, which will be followed by lunch.