Our Favourite Hymns
Over the past weeks members of the congregation had the opportunity to vote for their favourite hymns. The result, Wilson Memorial’s favourite hymn was actually three hymns that all tied first place.
Thine be the Glory
Make me a channel of your peace
Tell me the old, old story
There might have been a little bit of hesitation to begin with, but it didn’t take long for the floodgates to open with a plethora of hymn requests, to keep the congregation singing all the way through the service.
Here’s the list of all the favourite hymns and praise songs that were selected for singing.
- Lo he comes, with clouds descending
- Rock of ages, cleft for me
- Will your anchor hold
- Guide me o thou great Jehova
- There is a green hill far away
- As the deer pants for the water
- O love that wilt not let me go
- I lift my eyes
- Big man standing by the blue waterside
- O let the son of God enfold you
Following the service, everyone enjoyed a scoop or six of the delicious ice cream from Arcari of Portobello. Accompanied with a vast selection of toppings and fillings, it was home-made sundaes galore.