Wilson Memorial Church : On Demand. On your phone. On your tablet. On your computer.
This is Easter Sunday, which is also now the 4th Sunday of isolation and social distancing, as our country struggles to contain the Covid-19 virus. In this “new” style of life, it continues to be extremely important for everyone to stay at home. However that does not mean you have to miss out on our Easter Sunday worship service. Rev Mike has created a video sermon for you to watch, and join in from home.
An order of worship that you can use:
- Light a candle – to remember that Christ is the light of the world, and overcomes every darkness.
- Prayer – “Living God, rejoicing in this day of resurrection, we gather in our homes and online to celebrate the strength of Your love for us…a love that triumphs even over death. As we revel in the miracle of Your incarnate love, we thank You for the opportunity to encounter the Risen Christ in our midst. In the strong name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.”
- Read this weeks scripture passage – Matthew 28:1-10
- Video Sermon – I want to break free
- Praise – Read or sing “Jesus, We celebrate your victory” (Mission Praise : 387) – here is a you-tube video with music and words, that you can sing along to.
- Prayer – “Risen, living Jesus, we embrace Your gift of resurrection power. We open our whole lives to Your invitation to live a life of freedom…freedom to be the people You created and redeemed us to be.
Risen, living Jesus, companion and friend, You embrace the whole world with Your love and care. You ask each of us to show our love for You through our love and care for others. Help us to recognise the people and the places to whom we are being sent. Help us to offer all Your love.
Risen, living Jesus, open us to new expressions of life and love, so that we can be more whole and more accepting of ourselves and of others. Set us free from all that holds us back.
Risen, living Jesus, You go before us and call us into the future. Encourage our community of faith as we strive to be Your body. Just as the revelations of that first Easter Sunday energised the first disciples, so we pray that we might be equally energised to dream new visions and to dare to take new risks in the cause of freedom.
Risen, living Jesus, we join with Your embrace of the whole world. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.”
- Reflection – Are there things in your life (thoughts, attitudes, actions) that you would like to be free from?
Think about a time when you felt really free. How did you feel? Did your feeling of freedom come easy, or was it a struggle?
Take time to give thanks to God for the way he sets us free in Jesus.
- Benediction – “Thank you for watching and listening, and may God raise You from all that would entomb you; may Christ call You by name and go ahead of you; and may the Holy Spirit empower you for all that is good this Easter Day…and until we meet again next time, keep safe, keep well, and God bless you all.”
- Extinguish the candle
What else is happening at Wilson Memorial this week?
During this time of global uncertainty due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Wilson Memorial Church services and activities are suspended, apart from the Basics Bank Food Bank, which provides a critical service to individuals and families suffering hardship in our local community.