Wilson Memorial Church : On Demand. On your phone. On your tablet. On your computer.
As we reach our 3rd Sunday of isolation and social distancing, it continues to be extremely important for everyone to stay at home. However that does not mean you have to miss out on our Palm Sunday worship service. Rev Mike has created a video sermon for you to watch, and join in from home.
An order of worship that you can use:
- Light a candle – to remember that Christ is the light of the world, and overcomes every darkness.
- Prayer – “Lord Jesus, we have gathered together in spirit to meet with you today. We don’t quite know what to expect. We think we know what we need, and how you can meet our needs. But we come humbly, laying the cloaks and palm branches of our lives before you. Reveal to us who you truly are, and how you can be a saviour in our lives, and a saviour in our world today. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen”
- Read this weeks scripture passage – Matthew 9: 35-38
- Video Sermon – Com-Passion Filled
- Praise – Read or sing “Filled with Compassion for all Creation” (Mission Praise : 828, verses 1 and 2)
- Prayer – “Lord, in your compassion, teach us to follow you, to trust you, to love you and to love as you love. Lord, in your compassion, feed us who are hungry, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Lord, in your compassion, heal us in the places we need healed. Lord in your mercy, have compassion for us. And Lord, teach us to have compassion in action the way you did, and the more of us would answer your call and the com-passion filled people you have called us to be. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen“
- Reflection – Think about the things in your life that you are passionate about, and how to use those passions to help others.
Think about a time when you have been shown compassion. How did it make you feel?
Let your imagination take you on the journey with Jesus as you read through Matthew’s passion narrative this week.
- Benediction – “May we become a new people, a gentle people, a people of love and compassion, and then may we do likewise…and the blessing of God Almighty, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit remain with you now and always. Amen.”
- Extinguish the candle
Holy Week Passion Readings
- Sunday – Matthew 26:14-30
- Monday – Matthew 26:31-46
- Tuesday – Matthew 26:47-68
- Wednesday – Matthew 26:69 to Matthew 17:10
- Thursday – Matthew 27:11-31
- Friday – Matthew 27:32-56
- Saturday – Matthew 27:57-68
What’s on at Wilson Memorial this week?
During this time of global uncertainty due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Wilson Memorial Church services and activities are suspended, apart from the Basics Bank Food Bank, which performs a critical service to individuals and families suffering hardship in our local community.