11:00am at Wilson Memorial Church
Sunday 8th December is the second Sunday of Advent, and you are invited to join with us, as Rev Mike leads us through the build up to Christmas. It is the most wonderful time of the year, and at Wilson Memorial you can find out why.
Over the coming days and weeks we have lots of special celebrations taking place at Wilson Memorial Church. For full details of our Christmas 2019 Program click here to go to our special Christmas page.
We also have our mitten tree, back again for the fourth year in a row to collect donations of hats, scarves, and gloves for locals in need this winter. As we progress through advent, we hope to see the mitten tree transformed from a bare undecorated tree, to one covered in a magnificent assortment of hats, scarves and gloves.
At the start of this weeks service we will light the candle of hope, and each week while we journey through Advent towards Christmas, more candles will be lit.
This weeks sermon
The miracle of the message
This weeks scripture readings
- Hebrews 1: 1-2, 4
This weeks hymns:
- Christ is coming! Let creation (Church Hymnary 4, 475)
- I’ve got peace like a river (Junior Praise, 120)
- Thanks to God whose word was spoken (Church Hymnary 4, 605)
- Hark, the glad sound (Mission Praise, 210)
Children’s praise, worship, and care
During the weekly service, children are invited to join our Church School which follows the Godly Play teaching principles. For very young children, a crèche service is available.
Also, coming up this week:
- Friday 6th December : 6:30pm – Film Society
- Sunday 8th December :11:00am – Family Praise and Worship Service
- Monday 9th December : 1:30pm – Dixie Saltires Western Line Dancing Class*
- Thursday 12th December : 11:10am – Baby sensory class (7-13 months)*
- Thursday 12th December : 12:30pm – Baby sensory class (0-6 months)*
*denotes externally managed service, using the Wilson Memorial Church facilities