Historically speaking, it was just another death in Jerusalem, a routine execution at the hands of a paranoid empire. Yet that same execution, and all the events surrounding it, was to have a profound effect on the history of the world. The last week of Jesus’ life on earth was the most important week in history.
This year, during our Lenten Lunch Series, we are going to retrace the steps of Jesus during each day of his last week, which for him, must have been the longest week of his life.
Lunch 1: Wednesday 6th March at 12:00pm
You eat lunch, and you like a friendly atmosphere, so why not combine the two and join us for our Lenten Lunch meetings. Every Wednesday throughout Lent we’ll be holding a lunch meeting at Wilson Memorial Church.
Rev Mike will say a few words and provide a short piece of scripture for everyone to contemplate whilst enjoying lunch.
The Lenten lunch follows on from the Church open hour, so please feel free to come along at 11:00am to enjoy an hour of peace and quiet first.
Please note that this is not a catered event, so please bring your own packed lunch and we will provide hot drinks.
Also, coming up this week:
- Monday 4th March : 1:30pm – Dixie Saltires Western line dancing class*
- Tuesday 5th March : 6:30pm – Pancake Supper
- Wednesday 6th March : 11:00am – Church open hour
- Wednesday 6th March : 12:00am – Lenten Lunch
- Thursday 7th March : 10:30am – Baby sensory class (7-13 months)*
- Thursday 7th March : 11:45am – Baby sensory class (0-6 months)*
- Thursday 7th March : 2:00pm – Women’s Association guest speaker talk
- Friday 8th March : 6:30pm – Film Society Move Night
- Sunday 10th March : 11:00am – Lent Communion Service
*denotes externally managed service, using the Wilson Memorial Church facilities