11:00am at Wilson Memorial Church
This week we welcome Rev Mike back to the pulpit, and look forward to hear his teachings. Please come along and join us on Sunday 19th August for our weekly praise and worship service.
“We rejoice in the One who leads us beside still waters, and gives us refreshment for our souls. Christ our shepherd shows us the way we should go, so that the name of the Lord will be glorified. Though all manner of evil befall us, we shall not be afraid, for the great shepherd of our souls is with us. We are never far away from the love and mercy of the Lord, and shall be with Him for ever. “
This weeks sermon
Comfort and Challenge in the familiar
This weeks scripture readings
- Psalm 23 (The Lord, our shepherd)
- Matthew 6: 25-34 (God and possessions)
This weeks hymns
- The Lord’s my shepherd/I will trust in you (Mission Praise, 1008)
- Thy hand, O God, has guided (Mission Praise, 705)
- Saviour, like a shepherd lead us
- Great is thy faithfulness (Mission Praise, 200)
Children’s praise, worship, and care
Our Church School is taking a break for the summer, but children are always welcome in our services, and creche facilities are available. The Church School will be back with the next term of Godly Play learning and activities on Sunday 26th August.
Also this week
- Monday 20th August : 1:30pm – Dixie Saltires Western line dancing class*
- Thursday 23rd August : 11:10am – Baby sensory class (7-13 months)*
- Thursday 23rd August : 12:30pm – Baby sensory class (0-6 months)*
- Saturday 25th August : 8.30am – Mens Breakfast (held in Morrison’s café)
* denotes externally managed service, using the Wilson Memorial Church facilities
Church open hour
Our Wednesday open hour is taking a break for the summer, but will resume again on Wednesday 5th September 2018 at 11:00am.