7:00pm at Wilson Memorial Church
This Friday, 30th March, is Good Friday, when we remember the day Christ was put to death through crucifixion. We are commemorating this key event in the Christian calendar through our Tenebrae Service: a service of shadows.
The reading of the word
The First Word : Luke 23: 32-38
Response: Lord, teach us so to live!
The Second Word : Luke 23: 39-43
Response: Lord, teach us so to die!
The Third Word : John 19: 23-27
Response: Lord, teach us so to give!
The Fourth Word : Matthew 27: 45-46
Response: Lord, teach us so to pray!
The Fifth Word : John 19: 28-29
Response: Lord, teach us so to be!
The Sixth Word : John 19: 30a
Response: Lord, teach us so to do!
The Seventh Word : Luke 23: 44-46
Response: Lord, teach us so to trust, so to pray, so to die!
(After each response, a candle will be extinguished
- Beneath the cross of Jesus (Mission Praise : 55)
- God forgave my sin (Mission Praise : 181)
- Were you there (Mission Praise : 745, v1-2)
- Lord, teach us to give
- O sacred head (Mission Praise : 520)
- Lord, teach us so to be
- Man of sorrows (Mission Praise : 458, v1-4)
- When I survey (Mission Praise : 755)
Following the close of the service, everyone will depart in silence.
Also coming up this weekend
- Easter Sunrise Service : Sunday 1st April, 8:30am
- Easter Sunday : Sunday 1st April, 11:00am