11:00am at Wilson Memorial Church
Sunday 17th December is the third Sunday in Advent, so please come along and join us when Rev Mike will be leading the third of our Advent praise and worship services.
Christmas is almost here
Now we’ve hit party time at Wilson Memorial, and are really celebrating Christmas with all the fun and excitement you can imagine. There’s loads going on at Wilson Memorial Church, so why not check out our Christmas 2017 Program click here to go to our special Christmas page. and hopefully we’ll see you at one of our fantastic special Christmas events.
The mitten tree is bursting with colour now, as lots and lots of scarves, hats, and gloves have been donated. Once the tree is full, we will be handing out the cosy woollens to clients of our basics bank and other locals who are in a time of misfortune. If you would like to donate an item to the mitten tree, please bring it along any time the church is open.
This weeks sermon
Joy…Because happiness is not enough
This weeks scripture reading
- Isiah 35:1-10 “The road of holiness”
- Philippians 4:4-13 “Thanks for the gift”
This weeks hymns:
- I’ve got that Joy, Joy, Joy (Junior Praise, 121)
- Joy is the flag flown high (Junior Praise, 144)
- Rejoice in the Lord always (Mission Praise, 577)
- Joyful, Joyful, We adore you
Children’s praise, worship, and care
During the weekly service, children are invited to join our Church School which follows the Godly Play teaching principles. For very young children, a crèche service is available.
Also, coming up this week*:
- Church Family Christmas Party – Saturday 16th Dec at 4;30pm
- Christmas Carols and Lessons Service – Sunday 17th Dec at 7pm
- Line Dancing Class – Monday 18th Dec at 2:00pm
- Baby Sensory Class – Thursday 21st Dec at 11:30am
- Blue Christmas Service – Thursday 21st Dec at 7pm
*special Christmas events are highlighted – see our Christmas 2017 Program for more details